The Accidental Project Manager
6 PDUs / contact hours
In doing your job you find yourself managing people’s expectations, working on teams, worrying about deadlines, and perhaps trying to manage the costs. If this is you, you are an accidental project manager. You don’t have a background in managing projects, and yet here you are.
Many of us learn by doing, and the more experience we gain, the more effective we will be. But until we gain that experience, we need guidance: a need we ignore at the peril of the project. The consequences of stumbling along can be painful for the project team, the client, and the organization as well as for ourselves.
The good news is that you can achieve success without being an expert in project management. You just need some basic tools and methods along with the confidence to apply them properly. This workshop gives you the need-to-know for project management success and enables you to start building the toolbox that will simplify the job, increase productivity, and make you a confident project manager.
This workshop is recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and as such will provide 6 PDUs (Professional Development Units) / contact hours towards attaining or maintaining the Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation.
Professional Development Units are allocated according to the number of training hours completed by the student and may be granted by increments of 0.25 PDU for each 15 minutes of training. A participation certificate will be given to students who attend a minimum of 90% of the course.
- Project primer
- Determining how long the project will take, what can wait, and who does what
- What could throw the project off track
- Solutions to common problems
- The things to keep an eye on
- Tidying up the loose ends
- Preventing managing a project from becoming a bigger project than the project itself
- Career tips for the accidental project manager
- Project management cheat sheet
- Professionals who occasionally undertake projects, or parts of projects, and want to ensure that they are on the right track
- Anyone who wishes to explore the possibility of a career change in which project management might be part of the plan
Francine Durivage is a bilingual Performance Enhancement Specialist with over 20 years of experience. She has worked internationally helping organizations and governments redefine and refine their high impact objectives and delivery. Francine holds a MPM (Master of Project Management), an MCOD (Master Certificate in Organizational Development) and a B.A. in Psychology. Her energy and effective leadership enable her to strategically address the needs of today's managers in a practical and engaging way.
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.