As President John F. Kennedy once said, “Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate.” As a problem-solving process, negotiation is an essential skill in today’s ever-changing world.
This two-day workshop builds on the concepts and strategies learned in the Developing Your Negotiation Skills workshop by introducing and explaining complex situations and challenges negotiators face. The workshop will present effective strategies, tools and best practices for dealing with difficult negotiations. At the end of this workshop, you will have a better grasp of what factors can shape a negotiation process and how to handle them effectively and efficiently.
- Claiming value in negotiation
- Creating value in negotiation
- Measuring goals, proposals and counterproposals
- Assessing the “zone of possible agreement”
- Building a decision matrix
- Navigating multiparty negotiations
- Overcoming cross-cultural barriers
- Managing difficult or dishonest negotiators
- Anyone looking to build on the concepts, tools and strategies covered in the Developing Your Negotiation Skills workshop
- Individuals who are tasked with leading or working on complex negotiations
Walid Ayoub, B.Com, CPA, has worked for over eight years in the Federal Public Service. His diversified experience ranges from course facilitator at Algonquin College, negotiating data requirements as Enterprise Portfolio Manager at Statistics Canada, and conducting program reviews of government departments and agencies. Passionate about training and fluently bilingual, Walid has an outstanding ability to engage his audience while promoting an environment of positive classroom interaction.
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.