Advanced Project Management: Focus on Scheduling
12 PDUs / contact hours
This intensive two-day workshop provides practical, hands-on experience in all aspects of managing a project schedule. Drawing on best practices, the workshop will explain advanced techniques for scheduling. In addition to expanding your ability to plan, develop, and maintain a project timeline, you will learn techniques for analyzing, communicating, authorizing, and reporting on schedules as well as for taking corrective actions. Hands-on exercises, team projects, case studies, group discussions and critical analysis foster the transfer of learning to real projects back at work.
Prerequisites: participants must have taken the Comprehensive Project Management Basics workshop (formerly titled Project Management) or equivalent.
This workshop is recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and as such will provide 12 PDUs (Professional Development Units) / contact hours towards attaining or maintaining the Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation.
Professional Development Units are allocated according to the number of training hours completed by the student and may be granted by increments of 0.25 PDU for each 15 minutes of training. A participation certificate will be given to students who attend a minimum of 90% of the course.
- Scope and components that drive the structure of the project schedule
- The project’s work, the dependencies between activities and the constraints
- Balancing for schedule risks
- Updating Schedules — learning how to apply status and changes
- Assessing schedule health
- Identifying early warning signs of potential problems
- Using advanced schedule techniques to identify time and cost risks
- Setting and measuring performance to forecast the health of the project and the need to realign
- Using earned value techniques
- Compressing the schedule
- Developing strategies to recover from budget and schedule overruns
- Project managers and anyone responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining project schedules
Francine Durivage is a bilingual Performance Enhancement Specialist with over 20 years of experience. She has worked internationally helping organizations and governments redefine and refine their high impact objectives and delivery. Francine holds a MPM (Master of Project Management), an MCOD (Master Certificate in Organizational Development) and a B.A. in Psychology. Her energy and effective leadership enable her to strategically address the needs of today's managers in a practical and engaging way.
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.