A typical day at work presents a steady stream of problems to solve, decisions to make, data to decipher, and situations to assess. We perform analysis so routinely that we don’t always realize we are doing it, much less that there are scientific principles and strategies we could use to do it better.
This two-day workshop will give you powerful tools to speed up analysis and problem solving, reduce the stress of decision making, and improve your confidence. You will learn analyze a problem critically and objectively and discover robust and proven tools and techniques for assessing a problem and finding a solution. Your freshly sharpened analytical skills will help you make defendable decisions that ensure the best use of resources and that are considerate of all stakeholders.
- Understanding the importance of proper data collection
- Defining and assessing a problem accurately
- Applying a comprehensive approach that will lead to sound recommendations, regardless of the issue
- Using open source tools to enhance problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Using your analytical skills to persuade: presenting results and solutions for maximum impact and influence
- Lessons learned: how to apply what you learn from one case to improve decision making and problem solving in the future
- Professionals who want to be better and faster at reaching the right conclusions and making the right decisions
- Anyone who must influence others with solution-based decisions and clear thinking
- Anyone resolved to move away from a "crisis management" mode of operation
Nathan Lockhart, M.A., MCATD, has more than 20 years of professional experience as an advisor, manager and trainer. A former employee of Health Canada and the Privy Council Office, his knowledge spans a number of important disciplines including policy analysis and development, negotiation, issues management and adult training and development. Nathan is a dynamic public speaker with a strong understanding of the workplace challenges and demands facing today's professionals. In addition to publicly available workshops, he has provided training to more than 30 federal departments and agencies as well as organizations in the private and non-governmental sectors.
"I have taken many courses (...) and it does not happen often that I feel I will be able to 'really' use the information I have obtained in this course. Thank you!"
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.