Creativity and Innovation
Creativity is the engine that drives many of our most prized organizational traits, including entrepreneurship, openness to change and the desire to improve. It’s a skill that can be learned. Innovation, for its part, is the successful adaptation to a new location or the blending of existing ideas into a new hybrid (although it can also lead to completely new ideas). This one-day productive workshop offers a practical approach to both creativity and innovation. Through a series of case studies and exercises, you will learn to harness your creative energies to generate improvements for your organization and shape its future.
- Understanding the nature of innovation
- Exploring different analysis and decision-making approaches
- Working with practical tools to guide your creative thinking
- Applying these tools to real-world problems that you bring to the workshop
- Building on the skills and talents of you and your colleagues
- Analysts seeking to improve their choice of decision options
- Managers seeking to optimize their team’s performance
- Teams looking to break the barriers of stale thinking and achieve optimal results
Peter Levesque, BSocSc., M.A., is a consultant and trainer based in Ottawa. He has twenty years of experience working with governments, research institutes, and professional associations on issues of knowledge mobilization. His career has included serving as Deputy-Director of Knowledge Products and Mobilization at SSHRC, as Knowledge Exchange Specialist at CHEO, and Chair of KM at Ontario Neurotrama Foundation. He serves on several boards of non-profit organizations and is President of the Institute for Knowledge Mobilization. Peter is an experienced and sought after speaker, facilitator, and commentator on issues of education, research, knowledge, and social media.
‘’Overall a very good workshop. I think this would be extremely useful for management & decision makers as I will try to implement these new tools.”
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.