Emotional and Social Intelligence
We spend years developing our intellectual capacities. Yet, emotional intelligence is the one guiding us through the complexity of relationships we have with people with different personalities and needs. More than a trend, the focus on emotional intelligence is about making us realize the role our emotions plays in the quality of our interaction and communication with others. Emotional self-awareness, appreciation of others’ emotions and understanding of their consequences on our relationship management contribute directly to our capacity to face a variety of situations, some stressful, other motivating, and to influence others. In short, emotional intelligence redefines what is needed to succeed.
This workshop requires active participation by everyone.
- Overview of how we see others and its consequences
- Distinguishing between emotional intelligence and other forms of intelligence
- Understanding why emotional intelligence is considered a key factor of success
- Exploring behaviors from a needs’ perspective
- Looking into our emotional awareness
- Probing and deepening the five elements of emotional intelligence and their influence on performance
- Understanding the impact of emotions on communications
- Communicating with empathy and reading non-verbals
- Managing paralyzing emotions and difficult situations
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders who wish to better appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in their leadership development and their capacity to influence others
Nicola Clarke, M.A., CCC, ACC, is a professional counsellor and coach and has a wide range of experience working in both the public and the private sector. She has worked with undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Ottawa, federal public sector employees, and in human resource management in the high tech sector. She is certified as a coach through the International Coaching Federation and coaches professionals in the areas of leadership, efficient management, living successfully through transitions, effective communication, career development and emotional and social intelligence. She has delivered numerous workshops to various government departments and agencies and presented at provincial and national conferences.
“Excellent material and the instructor was fabulous and knowledgeable.”
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.