Improving Your Presentation Skills
Opportunities to present information are everywhere in our professional and personal lives, but for many of us, having to speak in public is a significant challenge and a source of anxiety. The reality is that if we want to achieve professional and personal growth, we often need to speak to groups, large or small.
This program is designed to help participants make highly effective presentations, and become credible and effective public speakers through practice and immediate, personalized feedback. You will leave the workshop with a ‘toolbox’ of tips, techniques and strategies to deliver well-structured, dynamic, and convincing presentations, whatever the occasion.
- Audience analysis for effective presentations
- Organizing a dynamic presentation
- Establishing your credibility
- Using visual aids to enhance your presentation
- Getting and maintaining audience attention
- Dealing with nervousness
- Using non-verbal communication to reinforce your message
- Responding to questions with confidence
- Anyone who feels uncomfortable or avoids speaking in front of groups
- Those who wish to strengthen their presentation skills, control their nervousness, or learn to use visual aids more effectively
Nathan Lockhart, M.A., MCATD, has more than 20 years of professional experience as an advisor, manager and trainer. A former employee of Health Canada and the Privy Council Office, his knowledge spans a number of important disciplines including policy analysis and development, negotiation, issues management and adult training and development. Nathan is a dynamic public speaker with a strong understanding of the workplace challenges and demands facing today's professionals. In addition to publicly available workshops, he has provided training to more than 30 federal departments and agencies as well as organizations in the private and non-governmental sectors.
“It was an excellent workshop! I've learned a lot of skills that I will take back with me to my workplace.”
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.