High-performance teams are an extremely important element in today's working world. However, it is a challenge to lead teams effectively, and to get the most out of all team members. This highly interactive workshop will help participants develop the critical skills required to lead their team to a high level of performance and cohesion.
- Critical elements of high-performance teams
- Roles and responsibilities, relationships and procedures
- Individual preferences, work styles, and their impact on team functioning
- The stages of team development
- Learning to "read" a team and its dynamics
- Identifying team pitfalls and how to deal with them
- Team leadership strategies and their application on a day-to-day basis
- Managers who lead teams
- People who must lead their team through specific projects
- Anyone who wants to improve their team effectiveness
Nathan Lockhart, B.A., B.Soc.Sc., has more than 15 years of professional experience as a manager and senior advisor. A former employee of Health Canada and the Privy Council Office, his knowledge spans a number of important disciplines including policy analysis and development, issues management and strategic communications planning. A dynamic public speaker with a strong understanding of the workplace challenges and demands facing today's professionals, he has provided a range of management, communications and policy development training to officials at all levels.
“Excellent course; great information! I thought the role-playing exercises were very helpful.”
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.