Policies and Procedures for Compliance and Consistency
Well-written policies and procedures encourage compliance, consistency, sound decision-making, and productivity. They should be easy to read and can be easy to write. This workshop dispels the mystique surrounding policies and procedures and is especially useful for individuals with little experience in developing policies or procedures. Participants critique samples, explore checklists, discuss scenarios and issues of concern, and practise writing sections of policies and procedures.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to craft policy statements and procedures following proven techniques and to implement appropriate formats and templates, given the purpose of the document.
- Control documents — benefits and definitions
- Choosing the correct control document
- Linking policies and procedures to vision and value statements
- Benefits and characteristics of well-written policies and procedures
- The process of policy development
- Building templates to meet your organization’s needs
- Getting ready to write
- Consulting with users and other stakeholders
- Using plain language
- Ensuring logic and flow
- Tips to improve procedures
- Formats for writing procedures
- Anyone expected to write policies or procedures or to review and approve them, especially if new to the task
Elva Keip, has delivered workshops and courses in the adult education field for over 20 years. Her finely honed skills and dynamic presence ensure superb training and facilitation. She also designs and develops highly detailed instructors’ guides for other trainers to use. As a writer, Elva provides clients with plain language documentation for procedures, policies, fact sheets, and manuals.
“Very informative session. The manual layout is fantastic and easy to follow.”
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.