Time and Energy Management
In today’s world, we easily get caught up in the web of the daily emergencies, workloads, and responsibilities that fall upon our shoulders, and have little time to breathe and take charge of our professional life. Measured time is always ticking away at the same speed, yet we deeply feel the pressure of time affecting us. We need to work smarter, not harder.
This workshop is about learning to better understand time and its effects; more importantly, it is about examining its effects on our various sources of internal energy: physical energy (which is particularly affected by stress), emotional energy (which tells us which needs to satisfy), mind energy (which can help us focus on value-added activity), and the energy of meaning and purpose (which feeds the human spirit). This workshop provides tools and techniques to help participants reclaim one of the most precious of all our resources, time.
This workshop requires active participation by everyone.
- Reviewing time from the four energy pillars’ perspective
- Exploring and understanding the strategies associated with inner time management: physical energy, quality of energy, focus of energy and energy of purpose
- Examining excellence through the lens of efficiency and effectiveness: taking control of work rather than suffering through it
- Differentiating between urgent and important tasks, allowing you to better control your work
- Learning strategies to deal with time wasters; some well-known, others less obvious
- Optimizing your personal productivity periods
- Supervisors, team leaders and administrative personnel wishing to explore new approaches to validate the most important question: “what’s the best use of my time right now?”
Nathan Lockhart, M.A., MCATD, has more than 20 years of professional experience as an advisor, manager and trainer. A former employee of Health Canada and the Privy Council Office, his knowledge spans a number of important disciplines including policy analysis and development, negotiation, issues management and adult training and development. Nathan is a dynamic public speaker with a strong understanding of the workplace challenges and demands facing today's professionals. In addition to publicly available workshops, he has provided training to more than 30 federal departments and agencies as well as organizations in the private and non-governmental sectors.
“I will definitively recommend to my manager the need to take this course as a complete unit.”
Select a session
Our courses, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.