Policy on Payment and Changes to Registration
The Centre for Continuing Education’s policy on payment and registration changes is designed to be flexible. However, our professional development courses are in high demand. We limit the number of attendees in order to provide you with a quality learning environment. As a result, if you must cancel or change your registration, we ask that you advise us as soon as possible. We are committed to doing our best to accommodate you within the limits of this policy.
Payment can be made at the time of registration by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or by choosing the “Invoice Me” option, in which case the registration fees are due no later than 30 days after the course is completed.
Electronic fund transfer
Payment can also be made by electronic fund transfer, in which case a transfer notification must be sent to directpayment@uOttawa.ca once the funds are transferred. Be sure to indicate your invoice number in the notes so that the funds are correctly allocated.
Make your cheque payable to Centre for Continuing Education. Indicate your invoice number on the front of the cheque. Send your payment to:
Centre for Continuing Education
University of Ottawa
55 Laurier Avenue East, 12th Floor
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
All requests for changes to registration or for cancellations, with full reimbursement, must be made at least 10 business days prior to the course start date. The day of the course does not count as a business day.
If you cancel your registration within 10 business days of the course start date, registration fees remain due no later than 30 days of the original course date, in keeping with this policy. Any registration fees already paid are non-refundable.
If you’re unable to attend a course and would like someone else to attend in your place (for no additional fee), simply send an email with the details to continue@uOttawa.ca any time no later than 4 p.m. on the last business day before the course start date.
You can request a deferral once for a given course within 10 business days of the course start date, in which case:
- You must submit your request no later than 4 p.m. on the last business day before the course start date (no changes will be approved on the day of the course).
- You must take the deferred course within one year of the original course date.
- Registration fees are due and are non-refundable.
- A subsequent cancellation or deferral request for this course will not be approved.
If you are absent on the day of the course, you remain responsible for all registration fees.
The Centre for Continuing Education reserves the right to:
- Cancel a course due to low registration or unforeseen circumstances
- Substitute a speaker or facilitator due to unforeseen circumstances
- Make changes to this policy and to registration fees without notice