SPI Learning Program
Identification of Learning Needs
Stakeholders and participants have direct input into the curriculum design. Courses are customized to the specific needs of selected audiences.
The course offering constantly evolves to keep up with current events, emerging issues and the availability of new knowledge.
SPI provides access to world-class experts in a small-group context to learn about and analyze emerging security issues. An SPI experience leads to:
- Timely and relevant learning
- Productive networking
- Deeper understanding of underlying causes and trends
- Powerful insight and discovery
- Enhanced planning and decision-making abilities
- Credibility and influence
“Security is a main driver of decision-making. The SPI Learning Program prepares participants to think differently and enables them to develop organizational capacity.”
- Professional development courses are typically offered in intensive one- to three-day formats.
- Completion of a series of five courses over three years leads to a Certificate of Professional Development from the University of Ottawa.
- Participants may choose to register for one or more of the courses offered during the year.
- If requested, courses can also be offered on-site directly to organizations to meet their needs.
Did you Know?
The completion of a series of any five SPI courses over three years leads to a Certificate of Professional Development from the University of Ottawa. Visit our Courses page to view our current offering!